Founded in 1949, the Community Theatre of Greensboro is the oldest Arts organization in Guilford County.
What sets CTG apart? Our focus on reaching out to our entire community and concentrating on our mission:
Bringing our diverse community together to learn about, experience, and celebrate the joys of theatre.
Our goal is to help everyone in our community share in the excitement of participating in theatre—as actors, backstage crew, or audience members. We cherish diversity and non-traditional casting is a priority for us.
Every year, CTG provides a wide assortment of theatrical entertainment, including:
- Five main-stage productions, including The Wizard of Oz, which is seen by more than 10,000 people across the Triad each November
- Youth Theatre and Centerstage Youth Performing Group productions
- Several family-focused productions, such as The Best Christmas Pageant Ever (2012), The Little Mermaid, Jr. (2013), and Godspell, Jr. (2013)
- OnStage & InFocus – an inclusive 2-week multi-age summer program that engages participants of varying abilities and ages to work on self-expression, advocacy and communication skills through expressive theatre arts
- Teens Downtown – a new initiative to provide teens a safe, social, positive and enriching arts experience at The Studio at CTG – The Herman and Barbara Cone Family Education and Event Center
- CTG also hosts dozens of classes, camps, and workshops for children, teens, adults, and seniors. And—with our generous financial aid program—we never turn anyone away for lack of funds.